The cost of film permits in Nepal includes the Nominal Government charges plus the charges of liaison officers appointed from different authorities.
There are different film permits you to require while filming in Nepal. Each of these permits comes with their own cost which has to be paid beforehand at different authorities.
It is always wise to prepare beforehand and know your requirements for different filming permits in Nepal. At Nepal Film Production we assess your requirements and prepare all required documents and processes for film permits in Nepal.
Cost of General Film Permits in Nepal:
A minimum fee of Nepali Rupees 50.00 as a permit fee (Nepali postal stamp) and Nepali Rupees 15,000.00 is charged for censorship of visuals which have been filmed during the filming period.
The filmmaker is required to pay the daily allowances, insurance, travel, and accommodation expenses to the Liaison officer (Monitoring Officer). Likewise, payment for the services of the local coordinator is based on an agreement between the coordinator and the filmmaker.
Neither the Ministry of Information and Communications nor the Film Development Board, Nepal have any involvement in this agreement, including the setting of rates for any of the services provided.
Cost of Special Film Permits in Nepal:
- National Park Filming Permit: You can film the natural vegetation and wildlife in different national parks and conservation areas with approval from the respective National Park or Conservation authority.
- Heritage Area Filming Permit: The cost for heritage area filming permits in Nepal has to be submitted to the district office and Ministry of Culture and Heritage.
- Public Area Filming Permit: Public Area Filming Permit can be obtained from the district office where a charge is levied.
- Private Property Filming Permit: The cost of filming in private property is variant with the prices negotiated with the owner themselves
- Drone and Aerial Permits: Aerial Filming in Nepal requires a separate permit which has to be authorized by the district administration office
Visa Processing and Costs in Nepal
All foreign nationals, except Indians, require visas to visit or work in Nepal.
Multiple entry visas for 15 days (US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency), 30 days (US$ 40) or ninety days (US$ 100) can be acquired from any Nepalese embassy or consulate.
You also can get a visa on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu or at the Immigration Office at the entry points of Nepal.
Tourist visas may be extended for a length of a hundred and twenty days on the Immigration Department in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
However, nationals of the subsequent international locations will no longer get visas on arrival on the immigration entry points of Nepal: Afghanistan, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iraq, Liberia, Nigeria, Palestine, Somalia, Swaziland, and Zimbabwe.
They need to get visas from Nepalese embassies or diplomatic missions in their respective international locations prior to their arrival in Nepal.
Gratis (Free) Visa for 30 days is available most effective for nationals of South Asian nations like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka for the primary go-to in one visa year (January to December). However, a visa charge is required for its extension past the 30 days.
Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter into Nepal.
The airport tax is already covered for your price tag. But on domestic routes, a separate airport tax of Rs.200 is charged earlier than boarding.
How NFP Helps in Permits
- We process all of your documents and permits where necessary
- We act as your local fixer and coordinator in Nepal
- We are your contact point to the concerned authorities
- We help you find appropriate locations to film in Nepal and get the specialized permits required
- We clear your customs and handle the incoming of the filming crew
- We prepare in advance to deliver you on time.
Nepal Film Production is an internationally recognized film production company in Nepal. Our film services in Nepal include everything from being your local fixer in Nepal to helping you find appropriate locations in Nepal for filming. We are adept at handling film permits and can acquire any kind of film permits in Nepal including those required for Aerial Filming.